Monday, December 14, 2009

Our Identity in Christ

Lately I've been thinking about what it means to be a member of God's royal family. As His son, I am a joint-heir with Jesus Christ, a prince in His royal family, a knight in His army, and a priest in His temple (and over my  own family). These are sustaining truths in my walk with God.

It's so good to reflect upon our identity in Christ and also to reflect upon who He is in us. We are on orders from Headquarters, so to speak. Our true home is with our precious family in Heaven. The Bible says, "And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of rigteousness" (Rom. 8:10).

Here is a wonderful promise that relates to our identity in Christ and His strength within us: "I can do all things through Christ which strentheneth me" (Philippians 4:13).

I encourage you to read our Pure Gold Classic entitled Secret Power by D.L. Moody to learn more about these wonderful realities. So, put on the whole armor of God and walk in His power and strength, as you continue your mission on Earth. Remember, you are a royal child of God!

No comments: