Wednesday, May 28, 2008

From Glory to Glory

Paul prayed, "That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man" (Ephesians 3:16, KJV). What are the riches of His glory? I would not presume to answer this question completely, but I believe the Great Apostle is referring, at least in part, to the riches and abundance we receive when we are in God's presence and we are experiencing His wonderful anointing in our lives. One of those riches is that we are strengthened with might by His Spirit deep within.

David wrote, "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore" (Psalm 16:11, KJV). Fulness of joy and pleasures forevermore are some of the riches that come from God's glory in our lives. On Sunday evening my wife, Peggy, and I attended the Lakeland Revival where we experienced the riches of God's glory in a most intense and delightful way. It truly was a little bit of Heaven on Earth for both of us.

Now I understand a little bit more about Heaven and how wonderful it will be to spend all eternity in God's presence, praising and adoring the Most Holy One who is worthy of our worship. I thank God that He is changing me; He is not finished with me yet. Indeed, "From glory to glory He's changing me, changing me, changing me--His likeness and image to perfect in me--the love of God shown to the world."

May God fill you with His glory and may you truly understand that God has already blessed you with every spiritual blessing in Christ Jesus, as Paul wrote, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ" (Ephesians 1:3, KJV). Ny friend, it is a fait accompli in your life.

I pray that His glory will cover you today, as you learn to walk in His glorious presence.

No comments: