Friday, August 13, 2010

Jesus

This morning I met the author of a book that is entitled, The Jesus Book, which I am now reading. As its title would suggest, it is a book that is simply about Jesus.

There can be no better topic in the world, and it may well be that many Christians have lost sight of the importance of maintaining a close and personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

The author of The Jesus Book is Michael Koulianos, and he writes, "Loving Jesus is life's greatest achievement. It is a never-ending experience that will change you forever. Jesus does not just help us find our destination, He is the destination."

The Bible says that Jesus is: ". . . the way, the truth, and the life" and no one can come to the Father unless they do so through Him. (See John 14:6.) He is the way, and He is the destination. He is everything that is important in life.

I'm glad that Michael is calling us back to Jesus. Without Him we can do nothing, but through Him we can do all things.

I remember so vividly the day when I first gave my heart to Jesus Christ. I invited Him to come into my heart and sup with me. He wants to have fellowship with you and me. He lives within us, and as we draw near to Him, He draws near to us.

I love Jesus, and I know He loves me. Jesus loves you, as well, so be sure to open your heart to Him, listen for His voice, and act upon what He tells you. He will direct you in all your ways.

Michael Koulianos says, "It is so simple. Please, never make it more complicated than 'love.' In your darkest moments, whisper His Name and He will be there. Only say, 'Jesus, I love you.'"

No comments: